Thursday, March 24, 2022

Bro.

Hi Gomer's hope everyones having an awesome day I have been through so much with this project we really do have a love hate relationship. I filmed my film opening last week like I said before I went on my trip to Disney. In Disney! I then started editing and trying to pull together some parts of the project however, I started noticing how long it was.. and how some shots were just simply not needed. 

I then had a whole confrontation with myself and started to think more about how I wanted this film opening to look overall because with the shots I had achieved there were some lighting issues, it looked too grainy for my liking, as well as some shots as stated being unnecessary. 

SO, Instead of deleted or editing some of my blogs I am really taking you guys along this journey. I have decided to pluck out some of the story line and shorten it to my liking.. I have now taken out the whole idea of color blindness because I find it creating to much of a film not a film opening and the editing would have taken me so long, including additional stress I do not need. I drew up a slightly new storyboard and decided to re-film some shots but still include some of the ones I liked from before. My main actor is my brother of course and I do live with him so its pretty easy to just say lets go film again!

Below is the slightly altered storyboard and here's a summery of what's going on :

- A coming of age film opening about a teenage boy in love with music who longs to be playing his lovely piano. He yearns to always be playing instead of whatever else he is doing.. 

Something I am still deciding on 

- The shots in color are the shots of him playing piano representing how the music brings him life and the shots that are in a more black and white represent how much he longs for the color and how nothing else brings him that.


Some of me really wants Ms. Stoklosa not to read this because I feel like she will be angry that I decided to flip my project a tiny bit.... HOWEVER I have gone through so much with this project that I am finally not rethinking or second guessing my thoughts on this and have full faith that this will be done editing by Friday night.

This has been a whole essay but thank you for following the Gom Blog and her crazy decisions she decides to make, I'll see you guys tomorrow after I start filming again with my brother <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

WHATS UP GOMERS! Its crazy to think this is my last blog post until...next year ;) This has been an amazing journey and I am so glad I could...