Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Music Marketing blog post #2


Hello Gomers, 

It has been 24 hours after my group has successfully presented our music marketing project to the class. All went as planned and our presentation was thorough and flowed well. Looking back on my last blog post my group and I came so far, we created our new artist RYE and his backstory as well as how he got into music and what he wants to do with his life. 

A little rundown of Rye is that he's a sophomore in collage who has been very exposed to various types of music and wants to share that with people who don't get to be exposed as much as he does. Throughout his life Rye's parents never allowed him to listen to the "pop" and "rock" culture of music which once he got to collage led him to fall in love with said music.

My group and I ended up shooting the music video at Cypress Bay High School because that is where we all go to school and could easily shoot the video together. The lighting and colors of Cypress matched Ryes vibe as well as looking like he is at his own collage campus. Our presentation represented Rye in a series of colors that matches Ryes aesthetic which in the end kept the audiences attention and intrigued them more because of the bright colors and rock aspect of it. 

Overall this project was such an interesting experience. Creating a new person and mapping out how you will market them to the world keeping in mind all of the likes and dislikes many have when looking at upcoming artist and taking into consideration the ages and platforms you post on. It was cool to also work with others and not just myself. Hearing others ideas on what we could do to make our musician a jaw dropping sensation was incredible. 

Until next time! Gom is out 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

WHATS UP GOMERS! Its crazy to think this is my last blog post until...next year ;) This has been an amazing journey and I am so glad I could...